Skip to content
- Oxford MicroMedical Ltd (OMM) was formed in September 2012 to develop a medical breath testing system to detect the presence of Helicobacter pylori infection (H. pylori).
- This bacterial infection of the stomach is widespread throughout the world and is particularly prevalent in developing countries.
- H. pylori is now known as the principal agent in the formation of stomach ulcers and ultimately stomach cancer.
- There is consequently a strong demand for a reliable, cheap and portable test for H. pylori infection.
- Once reliably identified, the infection can be successfully treated using the so-called Triple Therapy involving two antibiotics and an antacid drug.